Intelligence Relationship Manager
Salary: £50k – £60k DOE
Head of Intelligence
Company offices in the City of London and Bournemouth with fully remote work possible in line with company policy. Some overseas travel may be offered.
The Intelligence Relationship Manager will support the Head of Intelligence in delivering analysis of the impact of natural disasters for our clients in the insurance, legal and defence industries. This work, conducted by an Intelligence team of imagery analysts and remote sensing specialists, uses military techniques and commercial ISR to conduct damage assessment and answer other intelligence requirements.
This unique offering is seeing MIS become an established solution within the insurance marketplace and we are seeking to reinforce our commercial success through recruitment of a dedicated Intelligence Relationship Manager to support the Head of Intelligence, provide key knowledge and expertise during the Sales process, support the onboarding and relationship building with clients, manage the delivery of products, and to bring the value of skilled Intelligence practitioners to new customers.
The role would suit someone with experience of command of an Intelligence Section or similar, or who has served in an operational role in the Joint ISR space, and who is looking to bring those skills to a new and exciting civilian company.
Areas of Key Responsibilities:
- Build and manage relationships with key clients, including providing key Intelligence expertise to the sales process.
- Work with clients to understand their intelligence requirements and identify the most appropriate solution for their needs.
- Briefing clients on MIS’ work and commercial ISR capabilities.
- Support the Head of Intelligence in developing commercial ISR relationships.
- Supporting the Intelligence team as needed during responses to natural disasters and handling related client queries.
Qualities and Character Traits:
- Able to confidently brief varying audiences and form productive relationships quickly
- Keen to learn commercial skills to complement existing Intelligence expertise
- An enthusiasm for innovation and technological products
- Comfortable with responsibility and mission command
MIS aggregate and analyse space, air and ground based sensors to provide a timely, robust and holistic view of global events. As the winner of the 2018 British Claims Award for Outstanding Achievement of the Year, we combine machine learning algorithms with over 100 years of military-trained damage assessment expertise to deliver timely and actionable intelligence to global insurance markets. Our military heritage drives our sense of urgency and means we understand what has to be done during major catastrophes, ensuring customers get what they need – on time, every time. We are proudly the owner of a cross market SaaS solution, adopted by key players in the (Re)insurance industry. We have been serving the insurance market since 2016; recent technological advances means our product is on the desktops of many claims and underwriting staff across the industry and we are looking for new talent to augment the teams delivering this high quality analysis.
MIS is a proudly and defiantly diverse employer. We only care that you are a good human, who is amazing at your job, who is interested and interesting, who wants to do truly transformational work. We don’t care about gender identity, sexual preference, skin colour, able-bodied-ness, marital status or otherwise of our team members. We just want to work with the best.
If you feel like you’d be a good fit for this role, please send a CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an indication of the areas of activity and can be amended at any time in response to the changing needs of the organisation.